Answers to frequently asked questions and useful information for students


A guide for you

A number of answers to recurring questions which arise every year, sorted by area of interest. An initial section of general interest for everyone, along with other more specific questions.

What use is my Comillas email address to me?

When you first enrol at University College Alberta Giménez (CESAG), a Comillas student email address will be created for you containing a numeric code, such as [email protected]”. This address is based on your user profile (academic code) which was created when you pre-registered.

This email address is important, because it is where you’ll receive all the academic notifications and alerts. They will not be sent to your personal email address. If when your course starts you find you can’t remember your username or password, use this recovery link. If you are a lecturer or administrative and service staff, click here.

Can I forward the emails from my Comillas email address to another personal email address?

Can I personalize my Comillas email address?

If you don’t want the Comillas student email adress with a numeric code, you can create an email alias.


I can’t access my resources for Comillas. I get a message saying “Se necesita más información” [“More information needed”]

Since 8 January 2023, Comillas Pontifical University has been gradually implementing the use of two-factor authentication as a security measure in all its accounts. In addition to your personal password, it introduces an additional verification step, which is carried out through a mobile app or text message (SMS).

Once activated, an error message appears saying “Se necesita más información” [“More information needed”] and you cannot access your email, the intranet or our virtual campus. In this tutorial, we show you how to set up two-factor authentication and access your account again.

What difference is there between the Virtual Campus and the Comillas intranet?

The Virtual Campus groups together the information about the subjects you have been enrolled for and each lecturer posts information and resources of interest. The intranet brings together the student’s academic and administrative information.

How can I access the Virtual Campus?

The lower menu on the website contains a direct link to the campus and another to the intranet. Here there is a guide for you containing more details about accessing the Virtual Campus. We explain what to do if you get an error message the first time you log in (to enable you as a user).

Do DECA online students use the same Virtual Campus as undergraduate students? Can’t remember your username and password?

No. They have their very own virtual campus, accessible to them at https://campus.cesag.org).

Your username for this Virtual Campus is your ID card number (without the letter) and the password you set when you enrolled.

If you can’t remember your password, you can regenerate it from the initial web page for the Virtual Campus (https://campus.cesag.org), where you’ll see a link “Olvidó su nombre de usuario o contraseña? ” [“Forgotten your username or password?”]. You’ll be sent an email to the email address you gave for enrolling on the online DECA programme containing instructions on how to change your password.

What apps can I download as a Comillas student?

Comillas makes the Microsoft Office 365collaboration and productivity platform available to its community, with the following main functionalities: email, files in the cloud, video conferencing, social network, office applications, etc.

You can use this online office application pack and you can also download these applications to your computer (along with others, such as antivirus software). More information on the web page for the Comillas Software Repository.

What formalities and procedures can I do at University College Alberta Giménez?

I’m enrolling. I have a previous subject I haven’t managed to pass yet, and I see that the timetable clashes with another subject from a later year of my course. What do I do?

Two situations could occur:

  1. My academic transcript has been classified as in abeyance. The transcript is the part which records all the continuous assessment elements of the subject and class attendance. In this case, you cannot enrol for the subject from the later year of your course. Enrol only for the subject you have failed.
  2. My academic transcript has been classified as a pass. In this case, you may be able to combine the two subjects and not to attend the classes for the subject you had failed. In any case, it is important to look in detail at the regulations and the degree to which the timetables coincide.

    It is essential that you discuss the situation with the teacher for the subject you have failed and that you do this before the enrolment process, so that the teacher can come to an agreement with you, if necessary, about tutorials or student-monitoring action. If it is the second time that the student has failed that subject, the student must go to the class, do and submit all the elements of the continuous assessment, and sit the exam again. Remember that failing to attend the class for one subject in order to attend classes for another subject from a previous year of the course shall not be considered justified.

    Basic applicable articles of University College Alberta Giménez regulations:
    Article 14
    Article 15
    Article 19


Frequently asked questions for the degrees in Journalism, Media Studies, and Advertising and Public Relations

How can I request the loan of audiovisual materials?

  1. You pay a deposit of €25.00 at Administration to access the service. Three copies are made of your proof of payment: one for you, another is kept by Administration and the other you give to the Audiovisual Office (just next to the entrance to the Library).
  2. You create a user profile in the Audiovisual portal for University College Alberta Giménez (CESAG). This is your space for borrowing material and booking use of the television and radio studios.
  3. You make an online booking for the equipment you need. Consult the regulations on lending.
  4. You receive a notification by email to inform you that the material is available for you.
  5. You collect the equipment you had requested from the Audiovisual Office during its opening hours: Monday and Thursday, from 15:00 to 17:00, and Wednesday, from 16:00 to 17:00.
  6. The loan is for 72 hours (three days). You must return the material to the same place as where you collected it from.
  7. You can request a renewal of the loan if there is availability. Priority is always given to ensuring there is enough equipment for our courses’ practical sessions.

Please note: your deposit can be returned at the end of the academic year or can be kept for the following year, to avoid having to repeat the procedure. It is important not to lose your proof of payment (take a photo of it with your phone to ensure you keep a copy).

Sports Science

Frequently asked questions from Sports Science students

Can you do another placement in the same sphere?

    You can’t repeat the same placement sphere. The sector where you do your placement in the third year of the course cannot be repeated in the fourth year. The aim of this process is to give you broad experience. Remember that Sports Management is only offered in the fourth year.

    See placement page for Sports Science


    Frequently asked questions from students studying for the Bachelor’s Degrees in Early Childhood Education and Primary School Education and the Dual Degree programmes

    Can I choose the school where I do my placement?

      Not in the first year of the course. From the second year on, you can choosefrom the list of the semi-private and private schools with which we have collaboration agreements. If there are more applicants than places, the students with the highest mark from their previous placement will be selected. You cannot go back to the same school.

      See placement page for Education

      ¿Can University College Alberta Giménez graduates with Education degrees awarded by Comillas teach classes in Catalan in the Balearic Islands?

      Yes. The current legislation in the Balearic Islands sets out that to teach Catalan lessons and classes in the Catalan language at Early Childhood and Primary School Education level, you must hold the CCIP (Certificate of Competence in Catalan Language Teaching) qualification. The equivalence of University College Alberta Giménez degrees in Education awarded by Comillas with this certificate has been duly recognised.

      Upon finishing your Bachelor’s degree (or degrees), when you apply at the Academic Secretary’s Office for your qualification certificate to be issued, you will be issued with an academic certificate, along with an appendix which accredits that you have studied a series of subjects linked to the content certified by the CCIP.

      When you have got this documentation, you have to contact the Servei de Formació Homologada i Capacitació (C/Ter, 16, 2º planta) in Polígono de Son Fuster (Palma) and apply for your CCIP. It is the only regional education department in the Govern’s Conselleria de Educación with the authority to issue it.

      More information

      What do I need to be able to teach in English in schools at early childhood and primary level?

      As well as the specialism in English and the degree qualification, according to state legislation you will need a B2-level certificate in English (issued by recognised certifying entities which are external to University College Alberta Giménez).

      University College Alberta Giménez, in its degree courses and English courses, offers its students training geared towards achieving that level. In any case, universities are not authorised to issue those certifications.

      Applicable regulations and qualifications, and recognised certifying entities

      This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site. Switch to a production site key to remove this banner.