Email us to make an appointment
Students with special needs, academic staff and the general community
If any new students need the service, we recommend them to contact us at the beginning of the academic year
What do we offer?
Diversity is also present at our college and therefore we created this service with the intention of ensuring equal opportunities for our students as regards access to and continuance of their training.
This service is based on the key pillar of the principle of inclusion, which entails ensuring full participation by the members of this centre in the social and educational spheres. In the case of the university, special needs are translated as the needs some students may have which require material and/or methodological support so that they can participate in the learning process and in the university’s social life activities with their classmates on an equal-opportunities basis.
- Promote the elimination of physical and attitude-based barriers in order to include all the students in the educational community.
- Assess and guide the educational community as regards educational care for students with special needs.
- Provide resources for students with special needs and for academic staff.
- Foster among students with special needs the development of a positive self-image and encourage the attainment of self-reliance.
- Contribute to improving the quality offered by University College Alberta Giménez
- The student/teacher requests the service by sending the online request form
- The Service will determine the needs of the student, the academic staff and/or the centre
- Action will be taken to meet the students’ needs
- The process will be evaluated.
Support request form
For students with special educational needs or teachers who require support in the teaching given to students