Diversity is present in our center and with the intention of guaranteeing equal opportunities for our students in their access and permanence in training, this service aims to offer an adequate attention to the diversity of the classrooms.
The fundamental pillar on which this service is based is the principle of inclusion, which implies ensuring the full participation of the members of this center in the social and educational fields.
In the case of the University, the specific needs are translated as those needs that can be presented by some students and that require material and/or methodological support in such a way that they can participate in the training process and the activities of university social life in Equality of opportunity with their peers.
Organic Law 4/2007, of April 12th, amending the Organic Law 6/2001, of December 21st, of Universities establishes that it is necessary to guarantee “equal opportunities for students and other members of the community University with disabilities, outlawing any form of discrimination and establishing positive action measures to ensure their full and effective participation in the university environment. In addition, “universities shall promote actions to encourage all members of the university community who have special or particular needs associated with disability to have the means, supports and resources to ensure real and effective equality of opportunity in relation to the other components Of the university community”.
- Promote the elimination of physical and attitudinal barriers to include all students within the educational community.
- Advise and guide the educational community in the educational care of students with specific needs.
- Provide resources for students with specific needs and for academic staff.
- To promote in students with specific needs the development of a positive self-concept and the achievement of self-determination.
- Contributing to the improvement of the quality offered by CESAG
Students with special needs, lecturers and university community in general
Person in charge
Margalida Calafat (office 16)
- Tuesdays: from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 3.p.m to 5 p.m.
- Mondays: from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays: From 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.